Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeat calls show up as number not as contact name on calls and texts

Hello,

i have two contacts, one called telemarketers and one called bank alerts. Every time I confirm a number as a telemarketer, I add it to an existing contact in the telemsrjeters contact. With banks, I have my accounts set up to alert me of what is going on with my accounts via text. In the beginning, I added them to the group called banks. I've added all the bank ones, there are just a few.

SOnetimes a telemarketer calls calls that has called before and their number shows up. I go to add them to the telemarketers contact and see they are already in there. The banks one is even stranger. The texts come in not grouped in the bank chat history, but in a new conversation. That conversation can often be called Banks but it's in a second or third Listing, all with the contact name I set up. Or they show up as a phone number or SMS Short Code.

I've double checked on the telemarketers that their number is in fact in the contact. And the SMS ones most certainly are as they are labeled so, but they show up as a second or third listing. Is their perhaps a time limit on texts where a text is considered a new conversation? Doesn't seem right as I have friend I talk to over years now, fill phone upgraded, and their entire conversation is in one conversation listing

any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Added 8GB memory

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:55 AM

There are no replies.

Repeat calls show up as number not as contact name on calls and texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.