Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it so difficult to book a simple genius appointment from the Apple website?

I was attempting to book a genius bar appointment to get my computer serviced, and what should've been a normal process of going to an Apple store's website and selecting service type and times turned into a confusing and very frustrating ordeal of having to first figure out what the difference from visiting the Genius Bar and getting my computer serviced is, and then, trying to find out all the differences between the diagnostic options.

Rest assured, this entire process of trying to schedule a Genius Bar appointment has become very confusing and extremely frustrating. I can only imagine how confusing it will be when going into the store. Very disappointing to see the user experience being thrown completely out the door.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:04 PM

I am having the same problem as well. I have had two repairs on my logic board this year and now need another one. It's impossible to get an appointment in a Genius Bar in London. I had to wait all day for a free spot in an Apple store after refusing to go to an independent Authorised dealer after they failed to repair my computer at the first attempt.

I lived in Japan for a while and I had a known issue with my Imac. I called Apple support who answered in English. They arranged a courier to come and collect my computer and returned it within the same week for free. I have no idea why it's so hard to get anything done in the UK.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 1:04 PM in response to Busyman

I am having the same problem as well. I have had two repairs on my logic board this year and now need another one. It's impossible to get an appointment in a Genius Bar in London. I had to wait all day for a free spot in an Apple store after refusing to go to an independent Authorised dealer after they failed to repair my computer at the first attempt.

I lived in Japan for a while and I had a known issue with my Imac. I called Apple support who answered in English. They arranged a courier to come and collect my computer and returned it within the same week for free. I have no idea why it's so hard to get anything done in the UK.

Why is it so difficult to book a simple genius appointment from the Apple website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.