Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major Keyboard Lag

Over the past few days I have noticed that I am experiencing a bad "lag" when typing in Pages. I can start typing, finish a sentence, and sit back and watch the characters continue to appear one at a time (about one a second) until the sentence I typed is finally finished. I can go on like that for more than a sentence, it is just getting difficult to catch typos and to know what I have written when words can take be 5-10 seconds to appear.

I am using Pages 5.5.3 (2152) and have not, to the best of my knowledge, updated it recently (i.e. it has been working without the lag in this version). I have no keyboard lag in Safari or Mail. There may be lag in other applications but I have yet to encounter it, and have not experimented enough to be sure.

I have rebooted the computer several times and it has also been shut down for at least several hours once since noticing the issue.

I am running 10.10.4 for the operating system.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 12:23 PM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2015 12:24 PM in response to mjruss

I also accidentally submitted that before it was done. I was going to finish by asking if anyone else had this problem and if there were any recommended steps for resolving the issue. I have not tried reinstalling Pages because, frankly, I am not sure how to do that now that iWork is included with OS X.

Aug 2, 2015 4:34 AM in response to mjruss

Hi mjruss,

I have not tried reinstalling Pages because, frankly, I am not sure how to do that now that iWork is included with OS X.

iWork is included with OS X, but it is not part of OS X.

Open Launchpad by clicking on its icon on your Dock.

User uploaded file

Hold down the option key and the app icons will jiggle.

Those icons with X at the top left can be deleted (uninstalled).

Click on the X on the Pages icon. Confirm.

Visit App Store to download Pages again.

Regards,

Ian.

Major Keyboard Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.