Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to hide purchased app on iphone

I downloaded some apps on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 and no longer need them to appear. I need to hide them on my iDevices. (iOS 8.4) and Mac OS X 10.10.4

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:56 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2015 1:20 PM in response to Bumersal

On any iOS device where you wish to hide an app ...

Tap and hold the app on the iOS device's home screen until the app starts to wiggle. Click the "X" in the upper left corner of the app. Answer the prompts, and the app will be removed from that device's screen. To end the wiggling apps, press the home button.

The app(s) will stay hidden, but remain available to you to reload through the App Store (as long as the app developer keeps it in the Store).

Aug 1, 2015 1:57 PM in response to sberman

Thanks for that quick answer. In fact, I solved the problem. There's a bug in iTune App Store. I needed to hide purchahed apps in purchadesed section not on a home screen. I choosed Apps on iTunes then I went to left side of iTunes and clicked on iTunes Store. Then clicked on purchases. I finaly got apps puchased but absent from my iPhone. I click on the fictive removal sign ➕ because of the bug on itunes, we don't see it. And the job is done.

how to hide purchased app on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.