Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add clip to end

I have done this before with no problem. I am editing a performance recording - after so much time of recording (I think 50 minutes), my video camera will start recording on a new track. When I download them to my computer, I am usually able to simply Edit>Add clip to the end and this usually works perfectly. Recently I was sent two videos from a friend who asked me to splice them together. When I do so, the second video is playing only using a portion of the screen.

Originally they both were fine, but when I edit them together, it distorts the video of one of the clips. Both videos are the same format. Any thoughts?

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), this is actually for quicklime.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:14 PM

The two video files are of different dimensions - the larger dimension video will "rule" the overall size. I use QT Player Pro 7.6.4 and will illustrate:

• open both files in separate windows
  • Vid 2 - select all > copy
  • switch to vid 1
  • place play head at the end with the (>|) button
  • paste

Vid 1 is the SMALLER

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

To solve your issue, you must match sizes. UPsampling is not the way to go as you will gain artifacts (lose quality) so make the bigger one match the smaller one.

set the size of the bigger to smaller in Window > Movie Properties > Video Track > Video Settings > Close Window > Save As "BigIsNowSmaller.mov"

User uploaded file

**WORK ON COPIES!! or Save As different names after one edit.

Final Cut Pro works with clips totally differently than simple copy/paste

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 2:14 PM in response to twscott283

The two video files are of different dimensions - the larger dimension video will "rule" the overall size. I use QT Player Pro 7.6.4 and will illustrate:

• open both files in separate windows
  • Vid 2 - select all > copy
  • switch to vid 1
  • place play head at the end with the (>|) button
  • paste

Vid 1 is the SMALLER

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

To solve your issue, you must match sizes. UPsampling is not the way to go as you will gain artifacts (lose quality) so make the bigger one match the smaller one.

set the size of the bigger to smaller in Window > Movie Properties > Video Track > Video Settings > Close Window > Save As "BigIsNowSmaller.mov"

User uploaded file

**WORK ON COPIES!! or Save As different names after one edit.

Final Cut Pro works with clips totally differently than simple copy/paste

add clip to end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.