Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Base Station 579C-A1301 not recognizing ethernet cable from my new Arris TG 1672??

Airport Extreme Base Station 579C-A1301 not recognizing ethernet cable from my new Arris TG 1672??

It feels like the data is coming into the base station succesfully but then its not getting emitted out through a new wifi network. I'm not sure if my AEBS is configured correctly to create the new network. I had it all running really well just a few weeks ago with my older router. It died on us and we had to get a new router from TWC. I have multiple devices to help the wifi travel throughout my house. I run an ethernet cable from the TWC Router to an AEBS that sits on the other side of my house. I then have that AEBS crete a new network with the same name and password as the TWC Router. then I'm able to connect all of our other Airport Express.

Then my troubles began, My router went out me and I had to get a new router from TWC. I now have a new TWC Arris TG 1672 router that emits a great wifi signal. Much more powerful than the older one I had. But my problem is that when I go to establish the new wireless network i keep getting an error of "no Ethernet Connection"?

Why can't it recognize the ethernet cable that is connected. It had no problem doing so with the older Arris box?

Should i look more into the PPoE, Static, DNS, and all of the other info boxes that i have never understood?

I'm able to join the wireless network that the new Arris emits so i know the AEBS is working perfectly?

I have restarted, hard restart, every pull, slow, tap on the side, close your eyes trick o have seen online. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS would be awesome.

Thanks,

chad h.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:54 AM

I would recommend that you do the following as a minimum:

1. Power-down the modem, AirPort base station, and computer(s).
  2. Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes to allow it adequate time to initialize.
  3. Power-up the AirPort base station; wait at least 5-10 minutes. Note: The AirPort's status light may continue to flash amber after it has intialized. That is because, there may be some additional configuration items necessary, like setting up wireless security, before the overall setup is completed to get a green status.
  4. Power-up your computer(s).

If the above steps do not solve the problem, start over with step 1 above, but then perform the next steps between steps 1 & 2. above.

1. Disconnect the AirPort base station from the Internet broadband modem.
  2. While all of the devices are powered-down, perform a "factory default" reset on the base station. This will get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration and make setting it up much easier, especially if you use the "Assist me" process within the AirPort Utility. (ref: Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule)
  3. After the base station resets, go ahead and power it back down.
  4. Reconnect the AirPort base station to the Internet broadband modem. For the Extreme and Time Capsule, be sure to connect the cable to the base station's WAN (circle-of-dots) port.
  5. Continue with step 2 in the first set of steps.

In this basic configuration, the AirPort base station will broadcast an unsecured wireless network with a Network Name (SSID) of Apple Network NNNNNN. Network clients, connected to the base station either by wire or wireless, should now be able to access the Internet through the ISP's modem. Once Internet connectivity has been verified, you can use the AirPort Utility to configure the base station for wireless security and any other desired options. Please post back your results.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 11:54 AM in response to ChadtH

I would recommend that you do the following as a minimum:

1. Power-down the modem, AirPort base station, and computer(s).
  2. Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes to allow it adequate time to initialize.
  3. Power-up the AirPort base station; wait at least 5-10 minutes. Note: The AirPort's status light may continue to flash amber after it has intialized. That is because, there may be some additional configuration items necessary, like setting up wireless security, before the overall setup is completed to get a green status.
  4. Power-up your computer(s).

If the above steps do not solve the problem, start over with step 1 above, but then perform the next steps between steps 1 & 2. above.

1. Disconnect the AirPort base station from the Internet broadband modem.
  2. While all of the devices are powered-down, perform a "factory default" reset on the base station. This will get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration and make setting it up much easier, especially if you use the "Assist me" process within the AirPort Utility. (ref: Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule)
  3. After the base station resets, go ahead and power it back down.
  4. Reconnect the AirPort base station to the Internet broadband modem. For the Extreme and Time Capsule, be sure to connect the cable to the base station's WAN (circle-of-dots) port.
  5. Continue with step 2 in the first set of steps.

In this basic configuration, the AirPort base station will broadcast an unsecured wireless network with a Network Name (SSID) of Apple Network NNNNNN. Network clients, connected to the base station either by wire or wireless, should now be able to access the Internet through the ISP's modem. Once Internet connectivity has been verified, you can use the AirPort Utility to configure the base station for wireless security and any other desired options. Please post back your results.

Aug 2, 2015 1:30 PM in response to Tesserax

I tried everything suggested. I'm still not able to get wifi to emit out of the AEBS. I have restarted, and powered down multiple times. I'm going to add some screen shots to see if these setting have anything to do with my problem. I have properly set up a new network. however when you log onto the wifi network nothing will happen. one other question, the ip address from the TWC router is different than this one here. Is that a problem? I hope these pics can help.

thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

thanks, chad h.User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.