Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble syncing iTouch with Mac Mini

iI've created a playlist on my Mac Mini. After plugging my iTouch into the Mac the iTouch syncs (yes, I have playlists checked for synching) everything synchs but the new playlist. The playlist shows up on the device list on the Mac but not on the iTouch. The playlist displayed on the Mac device list has the songs listed but they are grayed out and there is a dotted circle in front of each song. So, what does the dotted circle mean and how do I get rid of it and get my songs synchronized?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 12:12 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 12:28 PM in response to EverReadyBassman

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Trouble syncing iTouch with Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.