Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to duplicate event to create best of movie based on long version ?

Hi there,

I am using a MBP with iMovie 10.0.9.

I compiled my summer holiday video which is 30 minutes long and want to now make a best of version which is only 15 minutes long in order to be shared with family via iCloud (15 mins max). But I would like to duplicate the current "event" I got in my "mediathek" (don´t know what that is in English, leo says "media centre") and then I would like to just delete half of the content - otherwise I´d have to do all the work again...

But I haven´t - despite also searching here and in the internet - found a way to duplicate the event within my library. I managed to create a new i movie library based on that event, but I prefer to continue working with just one iMovie Library.

Can anyone help on how to duplicate an event in order to create a second version of the same content ?

Thanks !!

By the way - as I saw that I am on v 10.0.9. but the current version is 11 - how does one best do the upgrade ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 3:49 PM

You don't have to duplicate the event. Just create a new movie in the same event. Go to your existing movie, select all, then copy. Go to the new movie timeline and paste. Now you have a second movie identical to the first but which you can edit to produce the shorter version without affecting the original.

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 3:49 PM in response to simon1973

You don't have to duplicate the event. Just create a new movie in the same event. Go to your existing movie, select all, then copy. Go to the new movie timeline and paste. Now you have a second movie identical to the first but which you can edit to produce the shorter version without affecting the original.

Geoff.

How to duplicate event to create best of movie based on long version ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.