Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon iphone wont recognize simcard

Hi

I live in Denmark have, and have bought a Verizon Iphone 4s when my brother was in USA. It wont regconize any simcard, and does not even write no simcard, but just keeps writing searching and after a while no service. Does anyone have an idea what to do? I have bought an IMEI check report at Imei-index.com, where it says that sim-lock is unlocked, it also says that the blacklist check is clean.

Under about is says that the carrier is verizon, can i somehow change that?

Hope that someone have some tips what to do😕

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:56 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 3:01 PM in response to Saksen75

First off, most of the IMEI checking sites are scam sites, and to hear that you actually paid for an answer makes it even worse. The only way to actually verify the lock status of a phone is to call Apple Support. They can tell you. If the device is not unlocked, the only way to get it unlocked is through Verizon. Depending on when it was purchased, Verizon was unlocking all of their earlier phones. If you restore the iPhone as new in iTunes, it should also report whether it is unlocked or not.

My guess, it is not unlocked.

Verizon iphone wont recognize simcard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.