Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

optical flow glitch issue error , some Blending blended frames instead of optical flow all of the clip

Optical Flow Glitch ,issue, Error:

Some frames did Blending instead of optical flow, like the rest of that very clip where this optical flow was applied to.

This ends in a jitter, hick-up ,when viewing .

When looking into it more carefully, there is a frame which did a blending mode interpolation instead of an optical flow thing. Blending results in double lines , one line originating from frame before, the second line from frame after as we all know.

Yes, i deleted all rendered event data, etc etc

Still the same happening.

I quit FCPX and deleted all render and optical flow and optical analysis folder in the Package of this project.

It still created frames with blending mode when it shouldn't do that, but should do what I tell it to do : make frames according to the optical flow .

This happened a few times, and it happened a few years back as well, Seems APPLE doesn't care much about fixing such amateur flaws .

I guess its time to finally move over to PREMIERE.....

Running imac 2014 , 32 gig ram, FCPX 10.2.1 ...Yosemite newest update as of august 1 2015

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), FCPX 10.2.1

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 12:53 PM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2015 8:00 AM in response to kuky

Actually Optical Flow was totally rewritten for version 10.2. We'd have to see a sample of what you're describing. Not all clips can benefit from Optical Flow, depending on the content. How much movement is in it? How slow are you making it? A link to a sample would be helpful.

If you think you'll get better from PPro, best of luck to you. It isn't much better, honestly.

Aug 2, 2015 8:15 AM in response to BenB

I started a case with a senior advisor, i assume you can easily replicate this glitch. i will shoot for the Apple senior advisor case iphone footage to show that there is out of 10 clips about 5 which will have that glitch on at least one frame which goes blending mode versus optical flow interpolation of an intraframe. 55% custom speed. it shows roughly similar when playing back as if there is a dropped frame (of course its not a dropped frame) , it really pops out of a clip at playback. Usually edges like lines will have in those intraframes double lines where the glitch occurs, but frames before and after will do a correct job generating optical flow intraframes.

Even if it was rewritten, which i am very well aware off,this was an issue in the past as well. May be the coders don't focus much on fixing these glitches, since most guys who need perfect top editing softwares to create footage for Broadcast purposes , usually do not use FCPX , hence you don't get many complaints....

and YES my clip is absolutely ok for such an optical flow slow.

The movement was a 3 seconds tilt from floor to horizon, which is very slow .

optical flow glitch issue error , some Blending blended frames instead of optical flow all of the clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.