Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best way to view pictures on Apple TV?

On Apple TV: Can somebody tell me when it is better to view my iPhoto (9.5.1) pictures in "Slideshow" - which is an option within "Settings" - rather than going to "Computer" tab and viewing within "Photo Library?"

thx.

Mac mini, iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 1:41 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 7:11 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I think she might be talking about the onscreen option on tv - upper

R corner in Computers: ~ Library: Photos - - it provides the option to

select and play a show or to use a selected show as a screen saver.

As to her question she can decide which is better depending on which

option she prefers - watch the show now or have it start automatically

after the # of minutes tv is dormant, selected in Settings: Scrn Savr.

Aug 2, 2015 1:14 AM in response to Tom Meade1

They are totally different things, a screensaver only comes on after the Apple TV has idle for some time. Additionally it may not show all the photos in an album, since the photos for the screenshow must be saved to the Apple TV itself and it doesn't have a lot of space to do this.

You can only really watch a slideshow from the slideshow settings, the screensaver settings simply set up that particular album to use in future as a screensaver.

What is the best way to view pictures on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.