Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to play all songs from an artist in order of albums

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 3:05 PM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2015 3:25 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

That was fast thanks.

I forgot to specify that its on an iphone. The fact is that when you have more than two albums from one artist itunes doesnt show all the songs to play but rather all the albums. therefore it seems impossible to play all the songs in order or each albums. i know there is a way to shuflle but its kinda complicated.

Aug 1, 2015 4:07 PM in response to hebertjf

The only thing I can say is you cannot go back to an old version of iTunes, or actually you are referring to the Music application since you are on the iPhone. When you are viewing the list of albums on the iPhone, you can tap on the 3 dots ... to the right of the album name and select "Add to Up Next" and that should make it so you can play that second album. I've not had the time to test it, but it may be something you want to try. Just add all of the albums you want to listen to that way. I'm going to test it, but wanted to give you a chance as well.

EDIT: That works, but you need to be on the last song of the album to add them that way, or you would have to use the 3 lines to the right to arrange the songs in the order you want to listen to them in. You have some control there on adding songs to the Up Next list. While no where near as clear as the way to listen to all songs from a certain artist, it does work. You can provide feedback to Apple about the Music app by going to http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate subject area.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.