Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update apps but it keeps asking for my credit card info. What do I do?

I Am trying to update apps and App Store keeps prompting for my credit card info. How do I stop that?

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:47 PM

If you entered a credit card when you first set up your Apple ID, you must keep the card details up to date. So even if you want to download free apps, or download updates (I believe) you still have to enter the details if something goes missing or the card expires. Did you use a credit card when you first set up your Apple ID?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 5:47 PM in response to leahfromtrini

If you entered a credit card when you first set up your Apple ID, you must keep the card details up to date. So even if you want to download free apps, or download updates (I believe) you still have to enter the details if something goes missing or the card expires. Did you use a credit card when you first set up your Apple ID?

I am trying to update apps but it keeps asking for my credit card info. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.