Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone and can't seem to find the serial number on iTunes or iCloud

I checked my devices on iTunes but none appeared and I don't find the serial number on iCloud. What should I do?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:10 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 3:58 PM in response to adrianamichelle

The serial number will only be available in iTunes if you have ever backed the iPhone up using iTunes on that computer. If you have, see the instructions below from Find the serial number and other information for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If that isn't possible, it would be on your support profile at supportprofile.apple.com but only if you had previously entered it there.

The other possibility would be on the device packaging if you still have that and possibly on the receipt, depending on where you bought it.

If you can use iTunes on your computer but don't have your device:

1. Go to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (PC).
  2. Click the Devices tab.
  3. Hold your mouse over a backup to display the serial number for that device. You'll also see the IMEI/MEID and CDN for your iPhone or iPad (cellular model).
    User uploaded file

I lost my iPhone and can't seem to find the serial number on iTunes or iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.