Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forget my login password ! but i don't...

Hi ,

my iPhone is 5c ,

I forget my login password , and i lost a Lot of pictures and WhatsApp Chats and i lost more than 100 Contant ! and a lot of notes on my device !!

what is the right way to remove the password ! and change it again ? if i need to send my device to NewYork to let them chek it out i will , i have everything about it , the box , and the visa account that i bought my iphone by ! and the old password ! everything ! and emails !

i have a backup file for my iphone , but when i'm trying to restore it by this backup , it's required the password : (

every single thing in my life is in that backup !

i can send the backup in a USB flash for you guys with my device !!

my device software was 8.1.2 , and i did a backup and format my iphone and update to 8.4 , then i was trying to restore it by that backup but i failed ! because the password !

Please help me with that !

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4, Blue,

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:25 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 2:31 PM in response to vCaliforniaz

This is a user-to-user technical support forum, you are not talking to Apple.

It sounds like your backup is encrypted; you will have to enter the encryption password that you used when you first checked "Encrypt backup" in iTunes. That password never changes, even if you make later backups; they are all encrypted with the same password. So start guessing; it's a password that you have used in the past most likely. To save time uncheck "Encrypt backup" in iTunes and you will be prompted immediately.

Note also that if your phone has a company MS Exchange email account on it your IT department may have forced the backup to be encrypted. If this is a possibility try your domain passwords from the past.

There is one other thing to try: Sometimes iTunes "thinks" a backup is encrypted when it really isn't. So if the box is not checked in iTunes try rebooting your computer.

I forget my login password ! but i don't...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.