Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import error when importing photos from SD card

Hi,

I've tried importing using iPhoto, Image Capture, and dragging and dropping in Finder. Each time the same issue - although I can see the thumbnail images of the jpegs in iPhoto and Image Capture I get a message saying there has been an import error.

I'm using 10.6.8. The photos were taken on a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7.

Since getting the camera around 5 years ago this has never been a problem until the last couple of months. Image Capture has always been my preferred method of import.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:23 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 7:31 AM in response to tricky_vic

Try a restart.

Do a backup, using either Time Machine or a cloning program, to ensure files/data can be recovered. Two backups are better than one.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once.

Safe Mode

Import error when importing photos from SD card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.