Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having issues converting sample rates in a project

Hello,

I'm working on a project where I've so far been recording in 44.1K. I've recorded some audio tracks but the rest of the project consists of MIDI and software instruments.

I'm going into a studio with these stems but intend to record at 48K as it's for a film.

So, I have reset the samples rate in my project to 48K and converted the audio files i have so far to 48K.

However when I hit play the audio files seem to be pitched correctly but are seriously out of sync with with my project timing. Some really crazy timing errors.

How can I ensure that I can go into the studio with stems that are all at 48K if I've already recorded some audio at 44.1k.

Thanks!

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:25 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 8:11 AM in response to prodigalson21

What you're changing is sample rate, and that will throw things out of time. kHz is samples per second. You should have set that before recording anything. 44.1 is 44,100 samples per second. When you switch to 48kHz, it will count the first 48,000 sample and time them as one second, rather than the 44,100 you recorded at. It is a tricky issue.

I'm having issues converting sample rates in a project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.