Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just upgraded to iphone 6, cannot send or recieve texts

On my iphone 4s I had difficulty sending and recieving texts due to not enough memory, people kept sending me pictures and my phone could not download the pics. The texts would freeze my phone. I could delete apps and then recieve the pending texts with pic.

I upgraded to 64 mb iphone 6 to avoid problems with memory. I cannot send or recieve texts freely. About once a day, I get one or two texts that someone has attempted to send me several hours earlier. At that time, I am able to text them ( or even someone else) back once or twice until my phone freezes during the sending phase of the text. It remains that way in "sending" mode until i turn my phone on and off again.

I have reset the iphone 6 once.

I have reset the network multiple times in the last 2 days.

It doesn't matter if its imessage or sms text, neither work properly.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:48 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 1:31 PM in response to kristinafromlancaster

Hi kristinafromlancaster,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are not able to send or receive messages. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

just upgraded to iphone 6, cannot send or recieve texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.