Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the oldest MacBook you would buy in 2015?

Im starting my senior year of high school in a month and I want a MacBook to get through it. I have about $400-$450 to spend, I plan on buying a used or refurbished one from a trusted seller on eBay. My question is what is the oldest model of any MacBook that is okay to buy in 2015? I need it to run the latest software for the next year (maybe two). I will mainly use it for web browsing and school work, something I can carry around at school all day. I want it to be fast and run OS X Yosemite smoothly. Flash storage is not an issue, I do most of my school work on a jump drive or Google drive.

Would a 2009-2010 13 inch polycarbonate MacBook be a good choice in 2015? I want a newish 11.6 inch MBA but I don't know if I can get that in my price range. Do I need to look for something with at least an intel i5 or is an Intel core 2 duo okay? Do I need to look for 2 or 4 or 8 GB of ram? I just don't know what to look for.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 3:33 PM

There are no replies.

What is the oldest MacBook you would buy in 2015?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.