Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I receive mail to my icloud mail account

I can send email ok but i can no longer receive mail on any device or from icloud from my web browser.

The only email I have received recently was from postmaster@mac.com when an email I sent bounced.

I am not forwarding any mail and have no rules.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:47 PM

Hi cluelessfarmer,

if you are having trouble receiving emails from your iCloud mail account, try the steps in this article:

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203528

If you can't receive mail in the Mail app on your Mac

Find the name of your iCloud account on the left side of the main Mail window. If your account name is dimmed and has a lightning-bolt symbol next to it, your account is offline. To take your account online, connect to the Internet, then choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. If you still need help, use these steps:

1. Choose Mail > Preferences.
  2. Click the Accounts tab.
  3. Select your iCloud account from the list of accounts.
  4. Click the Advanced tab and check your settings:
    • Port: 993
    • Select Use SSL
    • Authentication: Password or Apple Token

If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet. Try to open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to see if you can receive email for your iCloud account.
  3. Tap Settings > iCloud and turn on Mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data and turn on Push. Then send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
  5. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. Then Tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts, you can use Push with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  6. Turn your device off and back on.

If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off each of the settings in steps 3, 4, and 5 above, then turn them back on.

f you still need help, contact iCloud Support.

Take care,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 1:47 PM in response to cluelessfarmer

Hi cluelessfarmer,

if you are having trouble receiving emails from your iCloud mail account, try the steps in this article:

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203528

If you can't receive mail in the Mail app on your Mac

Find the name of your iCloud account on the left side of the main Mail window. If your account name is dimmed and has a lightning-bolt symbol next to it, your account is offline. To take your account online, connect to the Internet, then choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. If you still need help, use these steps:

1. Choose Mail > Preferences.
  2. Click the Accounts tab.
  3. Select your iCloud account from the list of accounts.
  4. Click the Advanced tab and check your settings:
    • Port: 993
    • Select Use SSL
    • Authentication: Password or Apple Token

If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet. Try to open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to see if you can receive email for your iCloud account.
  3. Tap Settings > iCloud and turn on Mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data and turn on Push. Then send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
  5. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. Then Tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts, you can use Push with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  6. Turn your device off and back on.

If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off each of the settings in steps 3, 4, and 5 above, then turn them back on.

f you still need help, contact iCloud Support.

Take care,

Why can't I receive mail to my icloud mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.