Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another iOS 8 Time Zone Issue (I think)

After upgrading to iOS 8.4 I am unable to change my time zone. It was originally set to automatic and that appeared to be OK since I was in the US. But when I traveled back to China the time and zone remained as EDT. I have tried everything to get it to update but it won't. So I changed to manually set the time. I can change the time and date, but the time zone will not move from "America/New_York". I can select and choose the new city but the zone remains the same. This works OK for the display itself but many of the apps ignore my manual override and revert to New York time.

Any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:26 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2015 12:16 PM in response to SlimJimPoisson

I have this exact same issue too. iPhone 6 with 8.4. I thought it was an issue with my phone but it looks like others are having it on multiple devices too. Is this an iOS glitch that Apple needs to fix? All the info above it correct for me too, but I'll add when I goto my location settings-system services,the toggle for the time zone is turned on. The little gps arrow is grey. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. If there is a fix out there, I hope to hear about it soon. I travel a lot for work and this time zone sync issue is extremely frustrating.

Another iOS 8 Time Zone Issue (I think)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.