Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Damaged

I accidentally unplugged my iMac while I had a song playing on Itunes.

When I turned on my computer, Itunes said about the library being damaged & started "importing the itunes XML library".

Stupid me, hit "stop import" because it was taking too long.

After some digging around, I managed to restore an old Itunes library (most recent from June 2014), but I am missing about 800 songs & playlists (accidentally trashed Itunes Genuis & Extras file while the I was trying to restore my old Itunes library to free up space on my iMac).

Is there anyway I can restore my current iTunes library? Should I call Apple Support?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:51 PM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2015 10:27 PM in response to alpiritunes

Two thoughts:

1. Restore your latest computer backup. You do have one from the past day or two (at least), right?

2. You can re-download all your iTunes purchased music. Sign in to iTunes, go to the iTunes Store, and click "Purchased" on the right about halfway down.

You will find a "Not in My Library" tab near the top, and a way to download all songs from there.

Itunes Damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.