Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does safari open each link in new tab?

I click a link and get a new tab. Then I have a ton of tabs open. How do you make it open a new lino in the existing window?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 8:24 PM

Turn on Safari on your iPhone 6+. Delete each of the existing tabs. As you do you will see the word Private is the lower left hand corner of the window. Click it and it will high light. In the Private browsing mode you won't accumulate tabs because Safari won't remember the pages you visit, etc. I set my iPhone 6+ this way and enjoy a single deletion to get back to the main screen. I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 8:24 PM in response to B3zsgirl

Turn on Safari on your iPhone 6+. Delete each of the existing tabs. As you do you will see the word Private is the lower left hand corner of the window. Click it and it will high light. In the Private browsing mode you won't accumulate tabs because Safari won't remember the pages you visit, etc. I set my iPhone 6+ this way and enjoy a single deletion to get back to the main screen. I hope this helps.

Why does safari open each link in new tab?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.