Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS badges not syncing across devices?

I find it somewhat frustrating how badges don't sync across my Apple devices. I have an iPhone, an iPad, an iWatch and all are the latest models. Included here are a few examples. The first is a badge icon for Mint, on the iPad you can see the Mint badge exists but on the iPhone I have checked it and dismissed it. In the next example I show a badge icon for a text an an email on my iPhone but it has been dismissed from my iPad. It can happen the other way around if I check an application on my iPad before my iPhone. Does anyone else have this issue? If I pick up my iPad and I have a LinkedIn message, and I open the app and dismiss the message, I feel like it is common sense that the message should then disappear from my iPhone. It doesn't matter what version of iOS I am using, this always seems to be the case. Thoughts? Does this happen to anyone else? Are there plans to fix?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 10:28 PM

4 replies

iOS badges not syncing across devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.