Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple ever allow iCloud email and user ID changes to be made?

Will Apple ever allow the ability to change our iCloud email and/or usernames without starting a new account? A long time ago before iCloud I setup an Apple forum userID to ask some questions. When iCloud came out they assigned me an email ********** The User ID also uses my name JohnDoe. This account is the one where lots of purchases have been made over the years. Well I wanted a different username and iCloud email so I simply setup my own account with a new email and a User ID that wasn't my name. I like my iCloud email address but wish I could change my user ID. I also wish I could take all my purchase history, etc. and combine it with my primary iCloud account that I use for everything else.

I see a lot of people asking this. I know merging accounts, changing the @icloud email, and changing the user ID isn't possible now. But could someone from Apple simply comment if it will ever be possible? I don't want some complicated scheme to force it to work. I just want to be able to follow a step or two and make it happen...

<Email Edited by Host>

iPad Air, iOS 8, null

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 10:47 PM

3 replies

Will Apple ever allow iCloud email and user ID changes to be made?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.