Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup and restore with mail password

I am trying to help somebody setup a new iPad. The password for their Yahoo mail account that is saved in their old iPad has been lost and the answer to one of the security questions to reset it is not known.

The old iPad is an iPad 2 running iOS 4. The new one is an iPad Mini 3 running iOS 8.

I understand that using iTunes it is possible to make an encrypted backup of an iPad that includes saved passwords, and then restore that backup to a new device. I have tried to do this, and although data from the old iPad such as contacts is put onto the new one, the password for the mail account is wiped out and needs to be re-entered.

Is there anyway of restoring the backup whilst keeping the passwords intact?

Thanks,

Matthew.

iPad 2, iOS 4, Unsure of exact version of iOS

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:53 AM

There are no replies.

Backup and restore with mail password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.