Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 won't wake up or turn on

My phone was working fine and when I went to hit the home button it wouldn't turn on. I've tried holding the top button and the home button but still nothing. what else can I try?

iPhone 4, I'm not sure what ios i have.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:03 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 6:18 PM in response to mfg1231

It could be the the battery is completely drained. When this happens the device will shut off and not respond. Plug the iPhone into the charger that came with it and plug the charger into a known good wall outlet. Then let it charge for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes reset the iPhone. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If the iPhone restarts let it continue to charge until the battery is at 100%. If the iPhone still does not start make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

my iphone 4 won't wake up or turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.