Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I upgraded to windows 10 the ratings, playlist and other information about my songs has disappeared

I upgraded and I see the playlist on my phone and on my computer but they don't sync. If check the sync button under "music" it only recognizes a few playlists that are automatically created with itunes and my other playlists I created won't appear. All the ratings for my music, purchase dates, etc are all gone too.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 9:39 PM

i had this issue windowa 10 not supported yet with itunes im checking for further updates on this issue

10 replies

Aug 2, 2015 7:19 AM in response to denisebrown100

Although some users have reported issues with the RTM release of Windows 10 they seem no more frequent, and no different in content, from those with earlier editions. It is definitely not the case that "windows 10 not supported yet with iTunes" - since last week I've upgraded three very different machines to Windows 10 (one from Win7, two from Win8/1) with no issues, and feedback from family members/friends/co-workers reports the same success.

Before starting to rebuild your library you should definitely work through the procedure described in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash

Aug 2, 2015 12:06 PM in response to hhgttg27

User uploaded file

I pulled the previous file from iTunes Library from July which I know was ok. I renamed the previous file and copied the 7/15 file into the library directory. I held the shift key from the Start and went to Itunes from the menu held the shift key. when the popup asked me pick the library I picked the new to make sure I was choosing the right one. When I reopened Itunes still no ratings or playlists.

Aug 2, 2015 12:38 PM in response to denisebrown100

Just to check:

• you renamed the active database to (for example) "iTunes Library.xxx"
  • you copied the iTunes Library 2015-07-15.itl file from the Previous iTunes Libraries folder to its parent iTunes folder, then renamed this file to iTunes Library.itl
  • you shift-started iTunes, clicked Choose Library... and selected the file you just copied/renamed

If that's correct, and you're still not seeing the correct library content, then its possible that the issue occurred with the transition from 12.1 to 12.2 and not that from 12.2 to 12.2.1. Try repeating process using the iTunes Library 2015-07-06.itl file.

After I upgraded to windows 10 the ratings, playlist and other information about my songs has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.