Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"from" and "to" email address the same on replies to group emails

I replied to an email that was sent to a group and instead of showing the "from" email address as my email address it shows the "to" email address. So basically the "from" and "to" email address are the same on replies to a group email address. I have read that this is because the sender used bcc to hide the email addresses but I have not seen a way to fix this to show the "from" email correctly.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:52 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 7:01 AM in response to imsandiei

This has nothing to do with the sender using Bcc or not.

Presumably the "To" and "From" addresses you refer to are both different email accounts that you own?

When you have multiple accounts, here is how Mail decides which account an email should be sent from...

If you write a NEW email, your default account will be used.

Whereas, if you REPLY to an email, the account you received it on will be used.( which is what is happening here) In most cases this makes a lot of sense.

Solutions would be:
a) ask the person controlling the email group to change which address they have for you, so you receive it on the account you wish to send from

or

b) tap the "From" line of the email to change which account you are replying from, every time you reply.

Peter Johnson

Soluble

I am the developer of MailShot Pro on iOS, and may receive financial benefit from its sale.

"from" and "to" email address the same on replies to group emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.