Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple TV 1 no longer supported by iTunes or not?

Hello:

After upgrading to the latest version of iTunes my Apple TV 1 no longer shows up in the device list and I'm unable to sync. It worked perfectly well before. Having searched the support forums for awhile I've seen that the standard response is to refer to a boilerplate setup protocol - i.e. make sure it's plugged in, etc - but having done all of that all I can see is that my Apple TV no longer works.

Can you please just own up to the fact that you've decided to screw the early adopters of Apple TV by disabling support in the latest iTunes? It seems that someone at Apple decided that my perfectly good, $200+ investment should now be a paperweight.

Kevin

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:54 AM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2015 2:38 AM in response to loss_prevention

loss_prevention wrote:

Hello:

.....I've seen that the standard response is to refer to a boilerplate setup protocol - i.e. make sure it's plugged in, etc - but having done all of that all I can see is that my Apple TV no longer works.

Can you please just own up to the fact that you've decided to screw the early adopters of Apple TV by disabling support in the latest iTunes?

Tthe reason you get boilerplate answers is because your problem is specific to you, it's most likely a networking issue or something that has broken because you installed an update over corrupted files and you may need to try a bunch of things before you resolve YOUR problem. The Apple TV 1 works with the latest software, Apple haven't screwed anyone and even if the first Apple TV did no longer work, it ain't no big deal, it's nearly 9 years old now.

Is Apple TV 1 no longer supported by iTunes or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.