Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete button won't delete more than one character at a time?

I've had my Late 2011 13" Macbook Pro since I got it new in Late 2011. Up until about a week ago whenever I would hold down the delete button it would continue to delete text rapidly. But all of a sudden it has decided that when I hold down the delete button it erases about 1 character every 1 or 2 seconds which is really annoying. It happened around the time I took my computer in for the second time. I had my logic board replaced but for some reason it would think the battery is full almost every time I tried to charge it. They replaced a bunch of stuff like the MagSafe input and some other smaller things. I have no idea if this problem is a result of getting things fixed or what but this is really getting me mad at this point. I don't think I changed any settings or anything like that, but if this is a setting (which I looked but found nothing) then please tell where I can make it back to how it used to be. Or if you have any help on the issue, I would appreciate that as well. I have restarted the computer multiple times to see if that was the issue and its not. And I'm on Yosemite 10.10.4

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:08 AM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 12:12 AM in response to wallopingshark

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try the Delete key.

About Safe Mode

Delete button won't delete more than one character at a time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.