Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu not seen in DSR11

I've been using a DSR11 for years to capture from VHS and SVHS using FCP6. Without any alterations having been been made I cannot get my Remote to bring up the menu. It carries out all other instructions such as starting and stopping, fast forward and backwards etc., but the menu cannot be raised. Consequently, no pic is shown on my screen and Log and Capture cannot produce an image.

The DSR11 routes through a MacPro 1.1 with plenty of RAM and bags of space in 4 large drives. The SVHS in/out cables from the DSR11 go to a Panasonic editing recorder/player which shows no fault, playing tapes successfully. All connections have individually been taken out and reseated. However the screen fed by the player/recorder doesn't show being connected to the DSR11; it remains blank and Log and Capture Preview shows no connection. The starting sequence I have always used is to have the DSR11 up and running prior to the Computer being selected for FCP6. FCP Prefs have been trashed and Utilities used to check the drive contents as well as using Disk Warrior.

The DSR11 successfully plays through Log & Capture into the computer any DV tape which can subsequently be successfully edited.

HELP

Final Cut Pro 6, iOS 5.1.1, I'm iOS 5.8.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:59 AM

2 replies

Menu not seen in DSR11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.