Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Sync a playlist which contains "Loved" songs in it. iPod loses it's mind!!!!

Hello All,

I have a very strange problem perhaps others have had and resolved (Sorry for the long winded rant, I want to get all the facts out there).

I had a 7th gen iPod nano which I had kept connected to the stereo in my truck for years. I had one "smart playlist" on it (753 songs rated 5 stars and titled "favorites"). One day I decided to update it with new songs and playlists. So I connected it to my iMac and sync'ed it with my new songs and playlist. Well, the friggin iPod lost it's mind and kept going thru a continous "power on/reset" cycle. I restored it numerous times and synced it again and again. But every time it would end up in the same "power on/reset" cycle state. So I trashed the sucker and bought a new 7th gen iPod nano the very next day.

So I connected the new iPod to my iMac and sync'ed it with my new songs and playlists, and guess what? Same thing. The brand new iPod did exactly the same thing as the old iPod which I trashed (wishing now that I hadn't).

So I started experimenting. For reference, my new smart playlist contained only 123 songs (all of which were in my original smart playlist titled "Favorites"). These songs were rated 5 stars in my music library, but I had "Loved" these 123 songs in my library as well using the new ♡ tag and used that tag to create the new smart playlist.

I decided to load the new iPod with my original "Favorites" playlist and everything worked fine. When I reloaded the iPod with the new "Loved" smart playlist, it ended up in the same "power on/reset" cycle. I did this five times, tagging different songs as ♡ and then loading the smart playlist into the iPod. Every time, same thing.

I can load any one of my two dozen smart playlist in the iPod, but as soon as I load the smart playlist with ♡ songs in it, it loses it's friggin mind ever time.

Anyone got any thoughts on this one?

Calvin

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:40 PM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2015 7:02 PM in response to Calvin-102814

Just to let you know I ran into this tonight as well, and was on the verge of tearing my hair out (as restoring the iPod would have meant re-loading ~1400 songs off archived media onto the MacBook again to sync to the iPod) when I read your post. Sure enough, I had created a smart playlist of songs tagged with those dippy hearts. Deleting the playlist solved the issue. Thanks!

It would be nice if Apple fixes this bug in a firmware update, as it was useful having another tag to denote individual favourites. I'd log it myself, but I'm not a developer...

Andrew

Can't Sync a playlist which contains "Loved" songs in it. iPod loses it's mind!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.