Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 fell in water and I got it out in seconds, dried it as best I could

I accidentally dropped my phone in water and quickly took it out, tried as best as I could to dry it out and it worked perfectly for a few hours. Then I noticed the screen had gone blank. The backlight comes on when you push the button and it still makes the click sound when you push the lock screen button. The phone even rings when a call comes through but I can't answer or even turn it off cos there's no display. Can it be fixed?

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 10:06 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 10:08 PM in response to ugonnachux

Probably not. Water and electronics do not mix. Your keeping the device on and using it just allowed the water to creep in and ruin the electronics. I suggest you try to make a backup as soon as possible before the device completely fails. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorize Apple Service Provider and see about purchasing an out of warranty replacement.

my iphone 6 fell in water and I got it out in seconds, dried it as best I could

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.