Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted pdfs on iPad

When I went to backup my iPad, it deleted lots of pdfs I had on there. I was being very careful, and nothing said anything about deleting anything on my iPad! It was supposed to BACKUP! Any way I can get the files back??? 😢

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 9:45 PM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2015 9:58 PM in response to Nick Haley

Nick Haley wrote:

When I went to backup my iPad...

Do you mean when you were synchronizing your iPad using iTunes?

While your iPad is attached to your Mac's iTunes, look on the "Books" tab on the left of the iPad's display. There you will see the sync instructions you are providing. They look like this:

User uploaded file

Presumably the PDF files are on your Mac, and you can bring them back to your iPad by seeing the instructions you would like.

Aug 1, 2015 10:14 PM in response to sberman

It was set to sync all books. During sync it went from like 27 books to 65 books (adding the ones from the iPad), then they disappeared again and aren't on the mac or the iPad. Shouldn't sync ADD what's missing instead of DELETE what's different?

And if I don't have the iPad plunged in, where do I see the books in iTunes. The ones showing up in iTunes when my iPad is connected is different than the ones in iBooks.

Deleted pdfs on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.