Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment method was declined

Hi,

I live in Greece. Do to latest problem we had with the economy for a period we were not allowed to do transactions abroad (and so no purchases from iTunes). Though, since the last week this is supposed to be working. I am trying to update the payment information, but when i press done i receive an error (see attached pic). My credit card is valid. Any idea how i can solve this. As a result, i cannot update subscription to iTunes Match and/or buy applications.User uploaded file

iTunes 11.1.3(8)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 10:41 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 11:03 PM in response to zikfrid

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you and your iTunes account are - your card is issued by a Greek bank, and you have your Greece billing address on your account ? Have you tried contacting the card issuer to see if it's them that are declining it, or do you have a different card that you could try ?

To download updates to your existing apps and download free items you could log into your account and see if you get the 'none' option so that you could remove the card : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Payment method was declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.