Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the iPad for DJ-ing with an external hard drive

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 4:58 AM

I would say no

the usb connector provide absolutely no power so to connect an external hd one would need a power usb hub

and even then the usb is for importing photos from a camera to the ipad to store in it's internal storage

not even 100% if it can import videos

there are wifi devices which should be able to be used as external storage but then the app would have to support it

pretty sure the music app don't so another app would have to be used to play the audio

i have a synology NAS It has it's own apps which let me play (music and videos stored on it )and the likes on ios devices

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 4:58 AM in response to ramushfromkardzhali

I would say no

the usb connector provide absolutely no power so to connect an external hd one would need a power usb hub

and even then the usb is for importing photos from a camera to the ipad to store in it's internal storage

not even 100% if it can import videos

there are wifi devices which should be able to be used as external storage but then the app would have to support it

pretty sure the music app don't so another app would have to be used to play the audio

i have a synology NAS It has it's own apps which let me play (music and videos stored on it )and the likes on ios devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.