Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported Movies from FCPx Not Playing on IPhone

My iMac is a Retina 5K late 2014 running OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, and my iPhone is a 6 running 8.4.

I am sharing videos using the Apple Devices 720p option from Final Cut Pro X. When the video processes, I then move it to the iPhone using AirDrop, which places the video in the Photo Stream. I need the video there so I can share it with another application that is looking there for videos.

My problem is that the videos show up on the iPhone, but do not have content, or when played show just a black screen (the timeline at the top of the video also shows all black.

Is there a different setting I should be using for export so that the video plays when in the Photo Stream?

Thanks.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:22 PM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 7:17 AM in response to Russ H

Yes. After my share operation is complete, the videos open in QuickTime. If I navigate to the folder then double click on the video it likewise opens into QuickTime and can be played. I have tried this in both the m4v format and the mov format outputs. Both show the video on the iPhone, but the video is all black when played or viewed in the timeline on the iPhone.

Thanks

Aug 2, 2015 12:44 PM in response to Russ H

I tried syncing to iTunes and the video showed the thumbnail, but the video would not play. I also moved a movie shot from my wife iPhone to my iPhone through the AirDrop to get it on my PhotoStream. In all cases it didn't play, but showed black screen content.

I also noticed that when attempting to play the videos from all the sources, the iPhone hung for several seconds and sometimes there were artifacts left on-screen from other applications (the clock on the home screen or other elements.) So, being the highly qualified tech person I am (tongue in cheek) I turned the iPhone off, then back on. Now all the videos work as expected. I must have messed up the playback in my messing around.

Thanks for your time.

Rod

Exported Movies from FCPx Not Playing on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.