Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought Audio Book on MacPro - Does not Show up on iPhone

When I buy a song on my MacBook Pro from iTunes, the song appears on my iPhone as well. Yesterday I bought my first audio book on my MacBook Pro -- however, It's not showing up on my iPhone, which is where I need to listen to it. How do I get the book to appear on my iPhone?

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:40 PM

Audiobooks (and tones) are a one-time only download from the store, they won't show in the cloud for redownloading on other devices or computers. To get it on your phone, connect it to your Mac's iTunes (that is the computer that you sync the phone to ?) and use its Audiobooks tab on your iTunes to select and sync it to your phone

User uploaded file

On iOS 8.4 audiobooks will go into the iBooks app on your phone (you will have an Audiobooks collection in iBooks) ; on older iOS versions they go into Music

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 11:40 PM in response to wlorton

Audiobooks (and tones) are a one-time only download from the store, they won't show in the cloud for redownloading on other devices or computers. To get it on your phone, connect it to your Mac's iTunes (that is the computer that you sync the phone to ?) and use its Audiobooks tab on your iTunes to select and sync it to your phone

User uploaded file

On iOS 8.4 audiobooks will go into the iBooks app on your phone (you will have an Audiobooks collection in iBooks) ; on older iOS versions they go into Music

Aug 2, 2015 12:05 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks of the quick reply -- but of course there's a wrinkle. I bought the audio book on my MacBookPro, but the computer I sync my iPhone with is my iMac. Is there a way to get the audio book from my MacBookPro to my iMac so I can then sync it with my iPhone? Considering that I own three rather expensive Mac devices, I feel there should be a way to play this $17 audio book to play back on my phone 🙂

Aug 2, 2015 12:12 AM in response to wlorton

You can copy it over to your iMac. On your MacPro if you control-click the audiobook in the Audiobooks section of your iTunes library and select 'show in finder' you can then copy it to a flash drive, or use AirDrop to copy it between your computers - and then in iTunes on your iMac use File > Add To Library to add it to it its iTunes library, or drag-and-drop it into iTunes.

Bought Audio Book on MacPro - Does not Show up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.