Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro late 2013 service battery warning

Ok my late 2013 macbook pro has had terrible battery life from the beginning only lasting 2 hours at max and im told this macbook is meant to last 9 hours!

then today i noticed:

specs of machine

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 406

Condition: Service Battery

again after more research i found that the battery in my macbook is meant to last 1000 cycles.

im currently at 75% with only 56mins left with nothing using significant power.

also my macbook has never been water damaged or dropped or anything to hurt the battery done to it.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), late 2013 service battery

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:41 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 4:06 AM in response to Joshua_studio

This is the definition of SERVICE BATTERY as found in Finder Help:

User uploaded file

Battery run time is determined by how it is used. If you are playing games or using Skype, the run time will be short. Text edit will require less electrical resources so the run time will be longer.

The 9 hour run time is established by Apple by using applications that are not resource intensive. The 1000 cycle parameter is proceeded by the words UP TO, not will. Some MBPs will achieve that standard and some will exceed it. Most will not because the way the battery has been used/abused.

You might consider making an appointment at an Apple store genius bar and have the battery examined. The evaluation will be free.

Ciao.

Macbook pro late 2013 service battery warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.