Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to recover my ipad by using dfu mode. My Ipad is in ios 7 and I don't want to update it further to ios 8. If I use dfu mode to recover it, will it automatically update my ipad to ios 8?

I want to recover my ipad by using dfu mode. My Ipad is in ios 7 and I don't want to update it further to ios 8. If I use dfu mode to recover it, will it automatically update my ipad to ios 8?

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:48 PM

Restoring your iPad will automatically update to iOS 8.4 if it's not an older iPad model.

4 replies

Aug 1, 2015 11:52 PM in response to Maqqy

If you use DFU to restore the device, the newest iOS version your device qualifies for WILL be installed.

The only way to keep the device at it's current iOS version is to reset the device under Settings/General/Reset/Erase All Content and Settings. This will return the device to an out-of-the-box state while keeping it's iOS version intact.

if your device NEEDS to be restored via DFU, you are unfortunately out of luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.