Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading all songs from iTunes Match?

Hello,

I have many songs in my iTunes match in the cloud that I do not have downloaded in my computer.

I can visibly see the song in my iTunes list, but they have exclamation points at the beginning of the song title. These songs with exclamation points are also not in my iTunes media folder. I click on the song to play it and it gives me this prompt, "The song could not be used because the original file could not be found." This is obviously true because these specific files are not saved under the iTunes media folder for some odd reason. With the prompt comes two options, to "locate" or to "cancel". If I hit locate, my computer sends me to my files to locate it. (obviously it is not there) If I hit cancel, the song starts playing and proceeds to also download/save into my iTunes media folder as I have this option saved under preferences. This is the problem: I don't know how to download all the songs I have in iTunes match so that it can ALL go into my media folder instead of having to do each individual song at a time. This would take way too long as I have over 30 gigs of music that is in my icloud with iTunes match that is not in my media folder. What do I do?

Michael

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:13 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 4:40 AM in response to aznsynergy

I had a similar issue and not sure if it matches yours exactly but my cure was to delete the songs from my local library again. When I right clicked on the broken items as you describe, the option to delete the local file was still active even when the local file was in actuality, missing. I selected 'delete local file' and then 'make available offline' to re-download. I may have restarted iTunes in between steps...

You should be able to highlight all the songs you have and right click on them all to do this. It might be worth looking at Doug's Scripts as there is one on the site which identifies missing tracks etc to cut down the number you are having to work on...

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=listmias

Downloading all songs from iTunes Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.