Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor service by the authorized service provider

I received extremely bad service by the authorized service provider. They charged me a fortune for the repair of my old MacBook pro and delivered the device which is not fully functional, namely it is not working properly when not connected to power. I live abroad, traveling tomorrow and have no time to return the device to the service. Their service was all together unsatisfactory.

I would like to send a feedback to Apple about that service provider, but I cannot find out how to do it. Can someone help?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:23 AM

8 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:57 AM in response to promissland

The link that Allan provided is a to a "market research" questionnaire regarding the MacBook Pro itself. There is no facility to provide feedback relative to the service that you received ON it. You may participate in the survey, conducted by an 3rd party research professional company, but your satisfaction will likely not be increased.

Apple Authorized Service Providers(AASP) are not part of Apple Inc. They merely have "passed the test" that they are a legit company operating under the law of their country and demonstrated competency by satisfactorily 'passing' 'courses' on some variety of Apple product repair. In other words, the AASP designation is merely a 'stamp of approval'.

Your recourse is through the legal system of your country.

Apple may wish to know about this issue, but I can find no online facility for Feedback specific to this subject.

Contact Apple Corporate - address and telephone number available on the Contact Us page (link located bottom right of every page here) — you may need to change your location for your country or region to get more localized corporate info (Europe is separate corporate company from US/Canada, for example)

Aug 2, 2015 1:52 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Are you sure you aren't being redirected? The link Allan provided is not a marketing link operated by a 3rd party and they OP can use it to give feedback regarding an authorized service provider. Feedback can also be used for bug reports on devices, software, etc. for those that don't want to open a developer account. It will get to the right place.

Aug 2, 2015 2:27 PM in response to deggie

You are indeed correct. I confused two visits to different pages in my minds eye as I crafted my comment.

Allan's link is indeed an Apple form - for feedback ON the MacBook Pro - no facility to comment on AASP at all

User uploaded file

I had also visited http://www.apple.com/retail/feedback/ - thinking that a possibility might exist for comment on AASP... The [Get Started] button leaves Apple domains > http://survey.medallia.com/?appleretail

Without proceeding, I cannot say whether there is a way to register a complaint about an AASP or not - but the fact remains that the "survey" there is overseen by the 3rd party and likely submitted to Apple as a "report" data point.

Aug 2, 2015 5:20 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

In the link that Allan posted they can pick any topic that relates to the MacBook Pro problem and in the details they can list the name of the AASP and describe their problem. Those are read and not by a 3rd party. The retail feedback is something you came up with and is specifically for use with Apple Store visits.

Aug 4, 2015 11:55 AM in response to promissland

Thanks to all who answered. I visited the links but it really seams that none of the forms covers feedbacks about authorized services. Those are basically same things that I also found when searching for the way to do it. Plus, my country (Serbia) is not on the support list.

It is very strange that it is not possible to send a feedback about the AASP to Apple. Though they are not a part of Apple Inc as ChitlinsCC wrote, they are a part of the support network for the products.

Anyhow, thank you guys for trying to help 🙂

Aug 4, 2015 12:55 PM in response to promissland

As I wrote, your only real "recourse" is through your legal system. In the US, this would be seen in "small claims court" as a lawsuit - and then only if my attorney advised me that there was every likelihood of prevailing. According to Wikipedia,

Serbia has a typical civil law legal system.

Law enforcement is the responsibility of the Serbian Police, which is subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior.

There may be violation of Serbian Laws, but only an attorney or the Police could tell you.

If it were me, I would try first going "up the chain of command" in that AASP's management ladder - it may not bring satisfaction, but you may get lucky and find that the company's best interest would best be served by having a 'satisfied customer' - at the very least, you could have the opportunity to voice your grievances (and lawsuit plans, if that is what you decide) to a decision maker rather than a customer contact 'front liner'. I would try to talk to no less than an owner myself - being only as forthcoming as necessary as you climb the ladder.

As for Apple... I personally would take a parallel path...

• Call the Corporate Office and tell the 1st responder what you want and ask to be transferred to the proper department - write a "script" of what you want to say to the person whose responsibility this falls upon - finishing with "I will send you a letter with all the details that I know"
    - the proper dept.and person will then give you what "ATTN: Proper Department - Proper Person" to put on an envelope;
  • Write a "carefully crafted" letter to Corporate with a LARGE "ATTN: Proper Department - Proper Person" on the envelope

Corporate Address
1-(408) 996-1010

address the envelope

Apple

1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

**ATTN: Proper Department

Since Apple's business dealings will never be made public, you may never know what Apple actually 'does' about this (if anything), unless they agree to inform you - OR - you periodically monitor their inclusion in Apple's "Locate" service - Apple - Find Locations - Country Selector

best of luck

ÇÇÇ

Poor service by the authorized service provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.