Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find my iphone backed up files on mac book pro

hey,

i have an iphone 5 and mac book pro. i need some of my video's that i've backed up on my mac, i've synced and backed up my iphone files a few times but i can't find them on my mac.

i googled this question and found to look in ~Library->Application support-> mobile sync->backup, but i can't find the mobile sync folder on my mac and so my backed up folder..

hope to have an answer soon,

thank you:)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), sync and backup

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:15 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 8:04 AM in response to adolev

Quit iTunes if it's running.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder named "Backup" should open. Move it to the Desktop temporarily.

Enter Time Machine and restore a snapshot of the Backup folder. You should then be able to launch iTunes and restore the mobile device. If you wish, you can then replace the older Backup folder with the one you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

how to find my iphone backed up files on mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.