Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Purchases

Hello everyone,

First of all, I am not 100% sure whether this is the right section for my problem, as it involves more than just iCloud on my iDevice, but I will give it a try nevertheless.

With the release of Apple Music, my father and I we decided it would make sense for us to set up family sharing as we both want to use the service.

Now that we have family sharing fully set up and working, I'm not able to make purchases anymore unless I use my father's credit card. At least on my iDevice, which in my case is an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.4.

For some reason, purchases on my iMac do not require my father's credit card and I can just pay for Apps using my own money. As a 'work around' I currently download the apps on my Mac, connect my iPhone to it and then sync them over. This is very annoying and just feels old school (Yes, for some reason automatic app downloads across my iDevices does not work either).

I really do not want to quit family sharing (as I said I am using it for Apple Music) but I also want to be able to use my own Apple ID's credit without touching my father's credit card.

All my devices use the same Apple ID and run on the latest software . .

I hope someone has a fix for that. Thanks in advance

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:07 AM

There are no replies.

Family Sharing Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.