Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I record with a microphone, I end up recording my project, the metronome and what I'm recroding through microphone. I can't figure out why. Help?

Whenever I record using one of my microphones I end up recording everything. The midi files, metronome and my guitar. I'm using Logic Pro X, Allen & Heath ZED10 desk and an SM57 to record with. It's starting to really bug me because I don't know how to stop it recording everything and I won't plug straight into the desk and use the Amp Designer plug in because that all sounds horrible to me.

Help?

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 4:51 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Megatronus22

Megatronus22 wrote:

Whenever I record using one of my microphones I end up recording everything. The midi files, metronome and my guitar. I'm using Logic Pro X, Allen & Heath ZED10 desk and an SM57 to record with. It's starting to really bug me because I don't know how to stop it recording everything and I won't plug straight into the desk and use the Amp Designer plug in because that all sounds horrible to me.

Help?

I would imagine it's not using the ZED10 correctly... the USB Connection is stereo, what you're doing (it sounds like to me) is busing the whole mix to the USB input, what you want to do is bus only the recording track to the USB input. I'm pretty sure this is all about using your ZED10 mixer rather than a Logic problem. Check out the manual and see if the USB connection contains some routing options, does it have switches that affect USB monitoring vs recording? Possibly recording only tracks that are using an Aux bus rather than recording everything that's being monitored?

Everytime I record with a microphone, I end up recording my project, the metronome and what I'm recroding through microphone. I can't figure out why. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.