Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to offer my tools to active forum supporters?

I am a software developer with lots of tools, some of which may be quite useful to people needing help in these forums.

So I thought I'd offer my tools to those who enjoy helping out others in these forums. My post was taken down, though, with only a general link ot the terms of use. I.e, I do not understand what part I violated exactly, and how I could get this right.

I have no financial interest with this, and explained that I have simply not the time to frequent the forums myself to jump in when I see someone needing my tools.

It would be just such a waste if these tools never get used just because I have no time to support the community with them. The biggest problem for me is that I suck at making icons for these tools and writing manuals, and that I rather spend my time on my professional work. I'd rather find someone who understands what the tool is for and is happy to take over such tasks from me. I'm sure there are people like that.

So, is there some way I can advertise for these tools being available generally without being shot down for it? I.e, is there a sub forum where such posts could be made? I couldn't identify one.

To clarify: I do not want to state that my apps are available for anyone (I could do that on my website which hardly anyone knows about), but I like to find forum supporters who would like to make use of these apps to help others in these forums.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:45 AM

I'd post them over here.

http://x704.net/bbs/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=a4fd136b8f31bcd051bd1883fbddb214

You may email me. A post saying you did is helpful.

Did you post the actual code or did you provide a link? I think a link would be best.

6 replies

Aug 2, 2015 11:19 AM in response to rccharles

Did you post the actual code or did you provide a link? I think a link would be best.

I didn't post links to the actual tools but only gave a list of tools I have available. I also explained that I was looking for active forum supporters to make of use these tools and perhaps help me with some tedious tasks such as making icons for them and writing a short manual.

Aug 2, 2015 2:30 PM in response to Thomas Tempelmann

I'd guess that the developer forums might be more appropriate for such an exchange of knowledge - I can see why the hosts would take these down here in the open forums which are supposed to be for everyone (newbies as well as more experienced users). The rules say that a link must be a direct answer to a question asked - otherwise it may be construed as advertising. It's a guess, but that might be how that was interpreted.

Is there any way to offer my tools to active forum supporters?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.