Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I only want to backup certain files (slo-mo videos) on icloud. Is this possible?

I only want to automatically backup certain files (slo-mo videos) on icloud. Is this possible? I only see an option to backup burst photos automatically.

I have an iphone 6+ with the latest iOS 8 update.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 6:42 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 6:16 AM in response to EmilTee

Hi EmilTee,

If I understand correctly you only want to backup your slow motion videos to iCloud when it backs up. When you go here:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud.
    • If you're using iOS 8 or later, tap Storage > Manage Storage.
    • If you're using an earlier version of iOS, tap Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.
  2. Tap the name of your iOS device.
  3. Under Backup Options, turn off any apps that you don't want to back up. When you're asked to confirm, choose Turn Off & Delete to turn off Backup for that app and remove all of its data from iCloud.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

The option for Photo Library only has a single toggle, so it looks like it is all or nothing, so to speak. You can however import the photos and videos you have to a computer and delete them from the phone to reduce the size of the backup:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I only want to backup certain files (slo-mo videos) on icloud. Is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.