Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't import cd's to library

Every time I try to import a cd to my library I get an error report saying the disk can not be found. I have tried everything to fix it.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 6:35 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 6:09 AM in response to michael741

Howdy michael741,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If your Mac is not recognizing the disc that you insert, then I'd like you to please follow the troubleshooting outlined below.

Accepts discs but they don't mount or are automatically ejected

1. Make sure the drive is not placed upside down. The aluminum enclosure should be facing up as shown in section 1.
  2. Check the disc's surface for scratches and dirt, since these things can prevent the disc from appearing on the desktop.
  3. Connect the MacBook Air SuperDrive directly to the computer's USB port instead a USB hub.
  4. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC).
  5. Ensure your drive can read the specific type of disc being used. The System Profiler or System Information may provide additional information regarding what media your computer supports.
    • OS X Snow Leopard v10.6 or earlier: Open Apple System Profiler by choosing "About this Mac" from the Apple () menu. Then, click More Info.
    • OS X Lion v10.7 and later: Click the Apple () menu and then hold down the Option key. Choose System Information from the menu.
  6. If the disc continues to not be recognized, contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or make an appointment with an Apple Retail Store.

Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer - Apple Support

Take care.

I can't import cd's to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.