Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find a replacement battery for my Macbook pro 15 inch (A1175)

Searching all over for an internal replacement battery for my Macbook Pro 15" - A1175 10.8V 60Wh... keep getting passed around when I ask this question. Want a genuine battery, not a third party.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:27 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 8:28 AM in response to raceywomen

Apple once sold A1175 batteries directly to consumers (for 2007-2008 MBPs--I've bought several from them) but now considers those computer models obsolete and does not offer their batteries any more. Therefore it's likely that even an authorized service provider would not have fresh stock of genuine Apple parts..

On the third-party side, the only vendor I trust for this stuff is Other World Computing. Even if the battery fails to work properly you will have excellent customer service. Avoid Amazon or auction sites. Apple's notebook battery policy has created a fertile field for counterfeit products and knock-offs that can damage your computer.

Here is OWCs link to a replacement A1175 battery:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple_laptop/batteries/MacBook_Pro_15

Aug 2, 2015 12:06 PM in response to Allan Jones

Thank you so much, Allan. I was at the store this morning and that is all that they could tell me - that I need to buy one from an 'Authorized Apple' dealer.

However, they could not help me any further except to tell me that the average life expectancy of a computer is 5 years and ours is now 7.

I appreciate your recommendation for Other World Computing. After reading all the comments for the other vendors, I was beginning to think we'd have to stay connected to use our laptop.

Where can I find a replacement battery for my Macbook pro 15 inch (A1175)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.